Hello, Hope you're having a good day.
This page is a free sample showing what a hospital policy should look like. It can work at your place, you might need to modify it a little. The hospital here is HOSPITAL X. You might need to change that to your own institution name.
- You have the right to be treated with courtesy and respect.
- You have the right to have your pain treated.
- You have the right to know immediate and long-term financial implications of your care.
- You have the right to expect all communications and records pertaining to your care to be treated as confidential.
- You have the right to treatment in the surroundings designed to provide reasonable privacy.
- You have the right to treatment in the surroundings designed to provide reasonable safety and security.
- You have the right to know the identity of physicians, nurses and other healthcare workers involved in your healthcare.
- You have the right to obtain and understand the information concerning your diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and other possible outcomes of your care.
- You have the right to take decisions about your care, including refusing care.
- You have the right to know of available resources for resolving grievances.
- You are responsible for observing HOSPITAL X rules regarding patient's behavior.
- You are responsible for asking for assistance and difficulties, problems or concerns regarding the rules.
- You are responsible for being considerate of other patients by observing their right to privacy, limiting visitors in semi-private rooms and maintaining a quiet atmosphere (telephones, televisions, radios and lights should be used in a manner agreeable to the others).
- You are responsible for treating HOSPITAL X staff and other patients with courtesy and respect.
- You are responsible for treating HOSPITAL X property and the property of the other patients with respect.
- You are responsible for giving proper identity prior to admission such as presenting your identification card, driver license, etc.
Quality Management Department
Signed original is maintained in Manual & Indexing Office
Director, Quality Management
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)