The policy must reflect how your pharmacy will be dealing with both patients and bodies of official regulations. Your pharmacy mission and vision policy must contain some essential information in the header, that should be stating the birth date of the policy and the expected review date. Below are some of the info that you need to include in your pharmacy mission and vision header:
- Hospital name, obviously.
- Pharmacy department operational policy and procedure, this header just to notify the reader that the following policy belongs to which department.
- Policy code or Number, for filing/indexing purposes.
- Edition Number, same purpose as above.
- Title of the policy, in our case; it would be Pharmacy Mission and Vision.
- Important dates [date reviewed, approved date, effective date and due for review date].
- Applies to [department] in this case it should be pharmacy department
- And last but not least, you’ll mention the nature of the policy, whether it’s going to be multidisciplinary or department specific.
Now you’re done with the header, and you can start with the actual policy. For the Pharmacy mission and vision policy, it’s very simple policy and not complicated at all, you just need to state your mission and vision with good readable fonts.
Pharmacy Mission and Vision Policy
Example for pharmacy mission statement
To provide high quality of pharmaceutical services that fosters the efficacy, safety and cost effectiveness of drug use and promoting the pharmacy as an essential component of the healthcare team.
Example for pharmacy vision statement
To achieve an optimal level of medication management and patient care.
And to be the leader in pharmaceutical services in the region.
You’re almost done, what’s remaining is just few basic policy layout filling.
- Revisions: Revised as per timescale.
- Distribution: Here you should mentioned where this policy will be sent, and which departments will get a notification for it; for our current pharmacy mission and vision policy we are going to sent it to:
- Hospital & Medical Director.
- Pharmacy Department.
- Signed originals is maintained in Manual & Indexing Office (if available).
The policy is now finished, and it’s time to get proper signatures, whether your hospital is implementing an electronic signatures, or manual sign and stamp.