Yes, software testing is a great career choice. It is a highly sought after profession, and there are many opportunities to progress and develop your skills. Here are some of the reasons why software testing is a great career choice:
- It is a growing field: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, software testing jobs are expected to grow by 17% from 2019 to 2029. This is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- It is well-paid: The median salary for software testers is $90,270 per year. This is significantly higher than the median salary for all occupations.
- It is in demand: Software testing is an essential part of software development, and there is a high demand for skilled testers. Companies are always looking for experienced testers to help them develop high-quality software.
- It is an interesting job: Software testing is a creative and challenging job. You will be working on a variety of projects and will need to think critically to find and fix bugs. It is also a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- It is a rewarding job: Software testing is a rewarding job as you will be helping to create high-quality software that will be used by millions of people. You will also be able to see the results of your work and be proud of the products you help create.
Overall, software testing is a great career choice. It is a growing field with a high demand for skilled testers, and it is well-paid and rewarding. If you are looking for an interesting and challenging job, then software testing is a great option.