What is Service of Maintenance and Housekeeping
Service of maintenance and housekeeping is crucial part of the daily workflow of the pharmacy, and it helps maintain a professional outcome, also it emphasis the teamwork spirit between all hospital workers.
As usual with most of the policies sample posted here, there is some default data that should be listed in the policy header and footer. Below are some of the info that you need to include in your Service of maintenance and housekeeping policy header:
- Hospital name, obviously.
- Pharmacy department operational policy and procedure, this header just to notify the reader that the following policy belongs to which department.
- Policy code or Number, for filing/indexing purposes.
- Edition Number, same purpose as above.
- Title of the policy, in our case; it would be Service of Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- Important dates [date reviewed, approved date, effective date and due for review date].
- Applies to [department] in this case it should be pharmacy department
- And last but not least, you’ll mention the nature of the policy, whether it’s going to be multidisciplinary or department specific. (Multidisciplinary policy)
Pharmacy Dress Code Policy
This policy describes the role of maintenance and housekeeping in cooperation with pharmacy department.
To ensure that pharmacy areas are cleaned and maintained to the required standard.
The pharmacy department will have adequate maintenance and housekeeping services provided.
Procedures and responsibilities
Primarily, the functions of housekeeping in the department are those of maintaining cleanliness and reducing clutter. The housekeeping department of the hospital should attend to most of the required cleaning functions such as sweeping, mopping, waste disposal, etc.
Housekeeping serves the pharmacy seven days per week.
- Own area and must ensure that it should remain clean, neat, tidy and orderly at all times.
- Maintenance department will be informed by phone in case of requisition.
- Pharmacy staff shall attend with housekeeper or maintenance while rendering his job.
You’re almost done and pharmacy service of maintenance and housekeeping policy is almost ready, what’s remaining is just few basic policy layout filling.
- Revisions: Revised as per timescale.
- Distribution: Here you should mentioned where this policy will be sent, and which departments will get a notification for it; for our current pharmacy dress code policy we are going to sent it to:
- Hospital director & medical director.
- Facility engineering & maintenance department (FEMD).
- Housekeeping department.
- Pharmacy department.
- Signed originals is maintained in manual & indexing office.
The policy is now finished, and it’s time to get proper signatures, whether your hospital is implementing an electronic signatures, or manual sign and stamp.